Agenda For 17 December 2008
From Northwest Austin MUD #1
MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1
TO: THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE NORTHWEST AUSTIN MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 AND TO ALL OTHER INTERESTED PERSONS:
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of Northwest Austin Municipal Utility District No. 1 (the “District”) will hold a regular meeting on December 17, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. at Peace Lutheran Church, 10625 North F.M. 620, Austin, Texas, for the following purposes to consider and possibly take final action:
1. To receive public comment (at the Board’s discretion, public comment may be entertained by the Board during each of the following agenda items, or alternatively or conjunctively reserved for this item);
2. To approve the minutes of the November 12, 2008 regular board of directors meeting;
3. On reports from the District’s general manager and consultants regarding the status of operations of the District, parks and park related activities and rules, District properties, financial investment policies and matters, monthly financial reports, quarterly inventory holding report, District’s annual financial audit, District website, transition to new general manager, consideration of and possible final action to approve payment of bills and other expenditures, including soliciting or accepting bids or authorizing payments and capital expenditures, and the acceptance of donations;
4. On a resolution to authorize Chris Mayes to open, close and consolidate the District’s accounts with financial institutions;
5. On herbicide application practices and the level of herbicide application in Trailhead Park;
6. On service contracts of Pro Clean Janitorial Service for cleaning Trailhead Park and TruGreen LandCare, LLC for landscaping services for Northwest Austin MUD Trailhead Park;
7. On matters regarding maintenance of pedestrian trails on District conservation and park land, including possible expenditures for same, biological surveys and discussions with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Department, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Travis County and City of Austin regarding improving and maintaining those trails;
8. On matters relating to authorization of residents or a committee to clear underbrush along fencelines adjacent to residential properties for fire safety;
9. On modifications to the District’s rules and regulations pertaining to Trailhead Park;
10. To discuss and approve matters for possible addition to the next meeting agenda, and date of future meetings;
11. Convene in executive session pursuant to Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071 and 551.074, to discuss matters subject to the attorney-client privilege and/or pending and contemplated litigation in: (1) Northwest Austin Municipal Utility District, et al vs. City of Austin, et al, in the District Court of Travis County, Texas and before the Court of Appeals for the Third District of the State of Texas; (2) Northwest Austin Municipal District No. 1 v. Alberto Gonzales, Cause No. 1-06CV01384; in the U.S. District Court, District of Columbia; (3) the District’s various contractual obligations to the City of Austin and developers within the District, (4) to discuss personnel issues pertaining to appointment, employment evaluation, reassessment, duties, discipline or dismissal of the District’s General Manager under section 551.074, Texas Government Code, and (5) any other item posted on this agenda; and (6) to discuss and approve matters for possible addition to the next meeting agenda, and date of future meetings;
12. To re-convene in open session for consideration and possible final action regarding any item discussed or posted in executive session in the preceding agenda item including, but not limited to, the personnel issues pertaining to appointment, employment evaluation, reassessment, duties, discipline or dismissal of the District’s General Manager, and the consent and possibly act on receipt and consideration of proposals and bids for same;
13. To adjourn.
Attorney for the District
The Board reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any matters listed on the agenda, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (consultation with attorney), 551.072 (deliberations about real property), 551.073 (deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (personnel matters), 551.076 (deliberations about security devices), 551.087 (economic development), and/or 418.183 (homeland security).
The District is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. Please contact Frank Reilly or Debbie Rathcke at Potts & Reilly, L.L.P. at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting by phone, in writing or by email at: 512-469-7474; 401 West 15th Street, Suite 850, Austin, Texas 78701; or firstname.lastname@example.org.